Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is a selfie focused Android smartphone. It is current trend in smartphone to launch selfie focused smartphones. We have seen Sony Xperia C3, HTC Desire Eye, Lava Iris X5 etc which has good front facing camera. Let us a quick review on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to know where it stands in the crowd.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is dual sim and runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat. It is powered by 64 bit Quad core processor 1.2GHz with Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset and Adreno 306 GPU. It has 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage in which 5GB is user available. Grand Prime also supports microSD card upto 64GB.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime has 5 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with screen resolution of 540×960 pixels and 220 ppi pixel density. Connectivity features of the device includes 2G, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and WiFi. As a android feature, it does supports USB tethering and WiFi hotspot to use Galaxy Grand Prime as modem.
Biggest attraction of the device is its camera segment. It has 5MP wide angle front facing camera and 8MP primary camera. The camera is capable of recording 1080p videos at 30fps. Comparing to Galaxy Grand 2 and Galaxy Grand which has only 2MP front facing camera, it is welcome move. Galaxy Grand Prime houses Li-ion 2600 mAh battery which is rated provide upto 17 hours of talk time and 75 hours of music playback.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Pros of Galaxy Grand Prime
- Display screen: The display screen has good viewing angles and good colour reproduction.
- Performance: Galaxy Grand Prime does performs great on day to day usage. The games like Asphalt 8 plays without any much lag or frame drop. Graphic intensive games like modern combat does shows some frame drops
- Price: Price of the Galaxy Grand Prime is competitive and good value for money.
- Good Camera: The front facing as well as secondary camera does takes good photos and records quality videos.
Cons of Galaxy Grand Prime
- No 720p HD Screen resolution: 5 inch screen without even 720p resolution, is downside. Considering many budget smartphones features 720p screen which are priced very much lower than this.
- No NFC and OTG support: It is not a deal breaker considering , it supports microSD card.
- Average battery life: In normal usage, it lasts one day. However, on heavy usage, need to charge twice.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Specification
- Dual sim and runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat
- 5 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with screen resolution of 540×960 pixels
- 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage
- Expandable storage support upto 64GB through microSD card.
- 5MP wide angle front facing camera
- 8MP primary camera with LED flash.
- Li-ion 2600 mAh battery