Samsung has wide range of Galaxy smartphones starting from 4k to 55k. The Samsung Galaxy smartphones runs on Android with customised Touchwiz UI. In this post, we will learn how to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy smartphones such Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy Grand Prime etc.
There are some device specific ways of taking screenshots on Samsung Galaxy series smartphones. So here are some of the different ways of taking screenshot.
- Using the palm swipe method to take screenshot.
- Take screenshot using S-Pen
- Default Power and Volume downkey method.
How to Take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S4
Taking screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S4 are very similar. Only difference is the enabling the palm swipe to capture box settings.
- In Samsung Galaxy S5, go to Settings->Motions and gestures in the Motion category.
- Check the Palm swipe to capture box.
- In Samsung Galaxy S4, Go to Settings->Motion.
- Go to Hand Motion, then palm swipe to capture, and check the box.
- Close all the menus. Go to the screen on which you want to take screenshot.
- Now Place the side of your hand on the screen and swipe it across the screen from the right to the
left or vice versa to capture a screenshot.
- Taken screenshot will get saved in Gallery → → Album → Screenshots.
How to Take Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note 3
To take screenshot on Samsung galaxy Note 4 or Note 3, above method works. However, there is additional method which is through S-pen. There two methods.
- Hold down the button on S pen and touch the screen using the S pen. Hold it for a while. The screenshot will be taken
- Open the Air Command Menu by pulling the S pen. Use the Smart Select. Drag the S Pen across the content you want to collect.
- You can save it or share it with your friends.
How to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Devices
This is the most common method of taking screenshot on Samsung galaxy devices. This method works on galaxy devices such as galaxy Star Duos or Galaxy Core, Galaxy S Duos, Galaxy Grand Prime, Galaxy Core Prime, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy Alpha etc.
Press and Hold Volume down key and Power button Simultaneously. The screenshot will be taken. The taken screenshot will be saved in Albums.