Asus Zenfone 2 is one of the popular android smartphone. Good performance, Good camera, ZenUI with great customisability features and affordable price attracts people to buy this smartphone. Asus has launched different variants under Zenfone 2 series such as Zenfone Laser, Zenfone Selfie, Zenfone 2 Deluxe etc. These smartphones support fast 4G LTE connectivity. So is any way to share Zenfone mobile data with PC, Laptop, iPad, tablet?. Yes. the current Android smartphones does allow this featur by default. So here is the guide on how to use Asus Zenfone 2 as modem to share mobile internet to PC, Laptop, iPad, tablet etc.
How to Use Asus Zenfone 2 As modem to Connect to Internet from PC
For using Asus Zenfone 2 as modem, based on the requirement, there are three different methods are available. WiFi hotspot method, USB tethering and Bluetooth Tethering. Do note that, using any of this method will consume your mobile data. So make sure you have good mobile data plan enabled from your mobile network provider. The data charges applies as per your network provider. Lets start one by one methods. For using all this method, first enable mobile data and then follow the steps.
Asus Zenfone 2 As WiFi Hotspot to Connect to Internet from PC, Laptop, iPad, tablet with WiFi reception capability
This is most popular and very useful method of sharing mobile data with other WiFi enabled devices. To use Asus Zenfone 2 as WiFi Hotspot, follow the steps given below.
- Go to “Settings”-> “More”-> ” Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot “-> ” Set up Wi-Fi hotspot “.
- Enable WiFi hotspot by tap on the checkbox. Your Zenfone 2 will start sharting the mobile data via WiFi.
- To customise the WiFi hotspot settings, go to ” Settings ” -> ” More ” -> ” Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot ” -> ” Set up Wi-Fi hotspot “.
- In this page you can name your WiFi network SSID, password and Security type. Once done, tap on to “Save”.
- Now you can access your Zenfone 2 WiFi hotspot from any WiFi enabled devices by entering the SSID and password you have chosen.
Below is the video Guide on how to use Zenfone as WiFi hotspot.
How to Use Asus Zenfone 2 as modem through USB Tethering
Asus Zenfone 2 USB Tethering is the method used to share mobile to data to PC through USB.
- First connect your Zenfone 2 to PC via USB cable. You might need Asus Zenfone PC suite for install drivers.
- then Go to “Settings”-> “More”-> ” Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot “.
- Enable “USB tethering”.
- Your Zenfone 2 will start sharing the mobile data to your PC.
How to Asus Zenfone 2 as modem through Bluetooth Tethering
Asus Zenfone 2 Bluetooth Tethering is the method used to share mobile internet to PC through Bluetooth. For using this method, you need to configure your PC as well.
- Enable Bluetooth on your Zenfone 2.
- Now go to “Settings”-> “More”-> ” Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot “.
- Enable “Bluetooth Tetheing”.
- Make your Zenfone visible visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices.
Now you need to pair it with your laptop to connect to internet using Zenfone 2 Mobile data. This is a one time activity on your laptop.
- On your laptop, go to Control Panel-> Devices and Printers.
- Click on Add a device. It will show all available devices.
- Select Zenfone and click “Next”.
- Make sure the pairing codes are consistent in ZenFone and Laptop then click on Pair.
- You will get a confirmation that, Zenfone is sucessfully added to your laptop.
- Now once again go to Control Panel-> Devices and Printers.
- Right click the ZenFone icon.
- Select “Connect using”.
- Select “Access point”.
- Now Bluetooth Tethering is enabled.
Image source:Asus support page.