Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is a feature rich smartphone at an affordable price. Powerful Chipset, Big battery, stock Android experience and dual camera setup are the key features to name few. On paper, it is one of the best smartphone in sub 13k price range. In this review, we will discuss Zenfone Max Pro M2 pros and cons.
Zenfone Max Pro M2 Key Specifications
- 6.3 inch IPS LCD Full HD+ screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
- 3/4/6GB RAM with 32/64GB internal storage.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 SoC.
- Dual rear camera setup. 12MP(f/1.58) and 5MP depth sensor.
- 13MP front facing camera.
- 5000 mAh battery.
- Dual nano sim card slot+Dedicated microSD card slot.
Zenfone Max Pro M2 Pros
First let us look into merits or advantages of Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
In the budget segment, it is rare to see gorilla glass protection for display screen. Zenfone Max Pro M2 comes with new Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. This makes phone more durable.
Good Display Panel
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 comes with 6.3 inch full HD+ display panel with notch. It has 450 nit of brightness. The display offers good viewing angles and can produce 94 percent of the NTSC color gamut.
Excellent Battery Life
Zenfone Max Pro M2 house massive 5000 mAh battery. During my review period, I was getting around 2 days of battery life and 8 hours of screen on time.
Snapdragon 660 SoC with 4GB of RAM on Zenfone Max Pro M3 delivers good day to day performance. We have not faced any lag and heating issues. Even games like Asphalt 9, PUBG played without any issues.
The Zenfone Max Pro M2 comes with Dual camera at the back and a 13MP sensor with 1.12 micron pixel size and an f/2.0 aperture in the front. The camera performance in good for a smartphone in the price range of 10k. Both front and back camera are capable of recording 4K videos. Upto 1080, EIS stabilisation is available.
Zenfone Max Pro M2 Cons
Here is some of the demerits of Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- No fast charge support: As of now, the device does not support any fast charging. With supplied charger, to fully charge the device, it takes around 3 hours. However, in 1 hours charges around 41%.
- Android 8.1: The smartphone runs on Android Oreo out of the box. Till the time writing this review, it has not got Android 9.0 Pie update.
- Still uses old microUSB port for charging and data transfer.