Redmi Note 7 is the latest budget Android smartphone from Xiaomi. It was launched along with Redmi Note 7 Pro. In this post, let us have quick look into Redmi Note 7 Pros and Cons. This post is based on Redmi Note 7 India retail unit.
Redmi Note 7 India Specification
- 6.3 inch Full HD+ IPS LCD screen with 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio.
- 3/4GB RAM with 32/64GB internal storage.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 SoC.
- Dual rear camera setup. 13MP(f/2.2)+2MP depth sensor.
- 13MP front facing camera.
- 4000 mAh battery with fast charging support.
Redmi Note 7 Pros
Android Pie Out of the box
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 runs on latest Android Pie with MiUI 10. It is good have latest version of Android out of the box.
Full HD Plus Display panel
The LCD panel used on Redmi Note 7 provides good viewing angles and color reproduction. The brightness is decent at 450 nits which is useful daylight. Color temperature and contrast customisation option is available. The device is Widevine L1 certified.
Battery life is good. It easily lasts more than entire day. Fast charge support is an additional addvantage. However, bundled charger is not a fast charger.
As expected, Redmi Note 7 performance is good. Armed with capable Snapdragon 660, it manages regular day to day task with ease. Even graphic intense games like Asphalt 9, PUBG are playable.
Redmi Note 7 Cons
- Camera: Compared to Chinese variant of Redmi Note 7, camera is downgraded. In low light camera performance is not great. Also live preview of video recording with EIS is not available. EIS is applied after the video recording.
- No 4K Video recording: Video recording is restricted to 1080p at 60fps.
- No Dedicated microSD card slot.
- Bundled charger is not a faster.