Having more options to choose a smartphone is better for the consumer. However, there will be a problem with that as well. Which one to choose? which provides better value for money?. Moto G5 Plus and Redmi Note 4 are the two phones which share many similarities and few differences. Price, camera and battery life are the key differences between them. Performance, design and build quality looks similar at least on paper. This Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Moto G5 Plus comparison may help you to decide on which one to choose between these two smartphones.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Moto G5 Plus Which one is better
Design and Build quality
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: It measures 151.00 x 76.00 x 8.30 and weighs ~175 grams.
- Moto G5 Plus:It measures 150.20 x 74.00 x 9.70 and weighs ~155 grams.
Both smartphones feature unibody all metal design. Moto G5 Plus slightly smaller and lightweight compared to Redmi Note 4.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 5.5 inch full HD IPS screen with pixel density of 401.
- Moto G5 Plus: 5.2 inch full HD IPS screen with pixel density of 424.
Moto G5 Plus has smaller screen size compared to Redmi Note 4 which results in slightly higher pixel density. However, difference in real time is negligible.
SoC, RAM and OS
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GHz Snapdragon 625 Soc with 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM variants. Runs on MIUI 8 on top of Android Marshmallow(6.0).
- Moto G5 Plus: 2GHz Snapdragon 625 Soc with 3GB/4GB RAM variants. Runs on Android 7.0.
If you just look into the specification, raw power between the two there is no difference. However as Redmi Note 4 runs on MIUI, it is little heavy which consumes more RAM compared to near stock Android on Moto G5 Plus. Running on latest Android version is another advantage Moto G5 has. Gaming and general performance on both device are good.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:32GB/64GB
- Moto G5 Plus:16GB/32GB
The base variant of Redmi Note 4 comes with 32GB of internal storage where as top end variant which is priced at Rs.12,999 comes with 64GB of internal storage.
Moto G5 Plus comes with 16GB for the base variant and top end variant comes with 32GB which is priced at Rs.16,999.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:13MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera.
- Moto G5 Plus:12MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera.
In our testing, in well lit conditions, both device performed really well. However, in low light and artificial light conditions, Moto G5 Plus performance is way better than Redmi Note 4.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 4100 mAh battery.
- Moto G5 Plus: 3000 mAh battery.
Redmi Note 4 battery life is better than Moto G5 Plus. In our testing, it easily lasted more than 1 and half days compared to 1 full day usage of Moto G5 Plus.
Price and Availability
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: Rs.9,999 for the 2GB RAM variant, Rs.10,999 for the 3GB RAM variant and Rs.12,999 for the 4GB RAM variant.
- Moto G5 Plus: Rs. 14,999 for the 3GB RAM variant and Rs.16,999 for the 4GB RAM variant.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 is available through flash sales and Moto G5 Plus is available via open sale.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Moto G5 Plus comparison summary
Here is our summary of this comparison.
Advantages of Xiaomi Redmi 4 over Moto G5 Plus.
- Larger screen size.
- Better battery life.
- Higher internal storage option.
Advantages of Moto G5 Plus over Redmi Note 4
- Good camera performance.
- Android Nougat out of the box.
- Near Stock Android experience.
- Dedicated microSD card slot.