The new 2nd Gen Moto G 2014 comes with few upgrades over its predecessor. Some of the cons which was there in original G were addressed in the newer version. It is welcome move from Motorola. Let us all the see the pros and cons of the Moto G 2014.
New 2nd Gen Moto G 2014 shares some of the specifications same as that of original such as Dual sim, 1.2GHz quad core Snapdragon 400 CPU with 1GB RAM and 2070 mAh battery. The additions include bigger screen size and support for microSD card. Now it has 5inch 720p display screen. It has 8MP primary camera compared to 5MP which was seen in the original Moto G.The connectivity features also remained same. i.e 2G, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and USB.
Advantages and Disadvantages of New 2nd Gen Motorola Moto G 2014
Pros of Moto G 2014
- Good display: Inspite of half inch increase in the screen size, screen produces share and clear texts and videos. It offers good viewing angles and vivid colours. The screen also has Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Good Performance: Almost stock Android experience on this device gives almost lag free experience. We can play most of the popular Android games.
- microSD card support: Addition of microSD card support make this device more attractive. 16GB internal storage and support for the microSD card is a good deal.
- Value for Money: Promise of Android L update, good day to performance at a affordable price tag, make this device of the good value for money device.
Cons of Moto G 2014
- No increment on Battery: Despite increase in screen size, there is no improvement made on battery size. Though it is not a deal breaker, still the battery life got reduced a bit.
- Design and look: In terms of build quality it is good. But addition of speaker grid in the front does not look good.
- No 1080p video recording: The camera pixel is increased to 8MP but max video resolution at which we record is not upgraded. It is still 720p.
New Moto G 2014 Tips and Tricks
Moto G 2014 as modem: Using Moto G 2014 as modem is similar to its predecessor. You can refer my earlier post on how to use Moto G as modem.
Take screenshot: You can take screenshot on Moto G 2014 by holding Volume down and Power key simultaneously.
New 2nd Gen Moto G 2014 Specification
- Dual Sim (GSM + GSM)
- 1.2 Ghz Qualcomm Quad Core Processor with 1 GB RAM
- 5-inch HD Screen with 720P resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- 16GB internal storage and Expandable Upto 32GB
- Android v4.4.4 (KitKat) OS
- 8 MP Primary Camera and 2 MP Secondary Camera
- 2070 mAh battery