As we all know, Sony has starting seeding firmware updates to its Xperia Ultra smartphones which brings new features such as Mobile X-reality engine, and few improvements to enhance the user experience. Sony Xperia Z Ultra has 6.4 inch Full HD display screen and powered by 2.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM. The internal storage of the device is 16GB and it supports microSD card upto 64GB.
|Sony Xperia Z Ultra|
Coming back to the firmware update Sony Xperia Z Ultra, the last update which was named as 14.1.B.510. It is one of the major update from the Sony. The new Xperia Ultra Update brings support for Sony’s mobile X-Reality engine which promises to increase the overall playback quality of locally stored media files such as photos, movies by adjusting the sharpness, saturation, contrast, noise reduction and even reproduction of lacking pixels. There many more new features and improvements also comes along with the update. Below are the few of them. The total size of this major update is 770MB.
- Overall performance increase and improvements in battery life.
- New stock widgets – Clock, Alarm Clock and Calculator among others.
- Multiple small apps can now be opened at once.
- Refreshed design as far as the messenger and e-mail apps are concerned.
- Superior Auto mode added to the camera appearance.
- One-handed text input now possible.
- Background UI has gone white-grey.