Sony PC Companion is PC suite for Sony Xperia Smartphones just like the PC suite for Samsung Mobile, Samsung Kies. It is a collection of apps or utilities bundled in a single package. This help in connecting your Sony Xperia smartphones with PC effectively. It provide many apps such as Xperia Transfer which is a toll for moving content from an iPhone to Sony Xperia smartphone. Using PC companion PC suite you can back up and restore your phone content, manage your contacts and calenders. There utility called Media Go which will be useful for transfer and managing the media files. We will have all the available Sony Xperia PC Suite.
System Requirement for Sony Xperia PC suite PC Companion
- Internet broadband connection.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, 3.6 GHz or equivalent AMD processor.
- 5GB free hard disk space.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 1 available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port and USB cable.
- Microsoft® Windows XP™ SP3 (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows 7 (32/64 bit) or Windows 8/8.1 (32/64 bit) and Windows 10.
You can even download install Sony PC companion on Mac systems.
Sony Xperia PC Suite-PC Companion Download for Windows
1. You can download the Sony Xperia PC suite from clicking here. The size of Sony PC suite is 27 MB.
2. Run the downloaded file and follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
Sony Xperia PC Suite-PC Companion Download for Mac
For Mac systems, you need to download the bridge file. Sony Bridge for Mac is a PC suite for Xperia smartphones on Mac systems. Using this, you can update your smartphone Android firmware, transfer media between your phone and iTunes, iPhoto or a custom folder on your Mac. Separate files can also be transferred between your phone and Mac by using drag and drop in a file browser. You can also backup and restore your phone content (availability depending on phone model). If you’re new to Sony devices, and your previous phone was an iPhone, you can use Xperia Transfer to move your content from the iPhone to your new Sony device.
System Requirements for Sony Bridge Pc suite for Mac Systems
- MacOS version 10.6 or later.
- 1 GHz Intel processor (64 bit processor required for phone software update).
- 512 MB RAM.
- 60 MB hard-disk space for program installation.
- iTunes 7.0 or later (recommended).
- iPhoto version 08 or later (recommended).
- Java SE 6 required for phone software update.
Sony Bridge PC Suite download and installation instruction for Mac System
- Download the application to your Macintosh computer by clicking here. Make a note of which folder you download it to. The size of download is 9.8MB.
- When download is complete, installation may start automatically. If not, locate and double-click the “Sony Bridge for Mac.dmg” file.
- When prompted, drag the Sony Bridge for Mac icon into your Applications folder.
- Eject the disk image. It is not needed once the application is installed.
- Sony Bridge for Mac is now found in your Applications folder. Double-click to start.
- The application will start with the same language settings as your computer. To change language settings, see the computer manual.
- Please read the End-User Licence Agreement carefully. Click Agree to continue.
Sony PC Companion compatible devices:
Most of the Xperia smartphones are compatible with Sony PC Companion PC suite. To name few, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia L, Xperia M, Sony Xperia C, Xperia C4 Dual, Xperia C5 Dual, Xperia M5, Xperia Z5 etc.