Micromax Unit 3 is a dual sim budget Android smartphone. It is the successor for last years Micromax Unite 2. On paper, the specifications are decent enough. But what about on real life experience? We will learning this in our quick review on Micromax Unite 3.
Micromax Unite 3 packs 1.3GHz quad-core Mediatek MT6582M processor with Mali-400MP2 GPU and 1GB of RAM. It has 8GB of internal storage and support for microSD card upto 32GB. It also supports USB OTG. Micromax Unite 3 runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop with Firstouch launcher. Android Lollipop by default supports 15 Indian languages so there is not much extra language support on Unite 3. However, Firstouch keyboard is good for typing indian languages. On the negative side, Firstouch launcher is not feels good.
Micromax Unite 3 sports 4.7 inch IPS display screen with 480×800 pixel resolution and 199 ppi pixel density. The quality of display is average. The viewing angles and sunlight legibility are poor. The colors look desaturated. The connectivity features of the device are Wi-Fi a/b/g/n ,Bluetooth 4.0, 2G, 3G, USB tethering and WiFi Hotspot.
Micromax Unite 3 houses 8MP primary camera and a 2MP front facing camera. The camera performance is just average. When we compare the quality of images and videos taken from Unite 3 and Redme 2 or Yu Yuphoria, it is no where close to them. It has 2000 mAh battery.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Micromax Unite 3
Pros of Micromax Unite 3
- The indian language keyboard is very good.
- Good battery life.
- Decent performance on day to day usage.
- 5GB user available internal storage.
- Attractive price.
Cons of Micromax Unite 3
- Poor Display quality: The resolution of the screen is low. The viewing angles and sunlight legibility are also not great
- Average camera: Camera performance compared to similarly priced phones is not satisfactory.
- No Compass and BSI sensor
Micromax Unite 3 Specification
- Android v5 (Lollipop) OS
- 8 MP Primary Camera with LED flash
- 2 MP Secondary Camera
- Dual Sim (GSM + WCDMA)-Both SIM 3G compatible
- 4.7 inch Touchscreen with 800 x 480 Pixel resolution
- 1.3 GHz MTK 6582M Quad Core Processor with 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 32GB.
- 2000 mAh battery.