Lenovo A6000 is one the most affordable 4G Dual sim Android smartphone in India. The good internal hardware coupled with decent build quality and competetive price is the key attraction of this smartphone. In this tutorial, we will see, how to use Lenovo A6000 as modem through WiFi hotspot and USB tethering.
How to use Lenovo A6000 as WiFi Hotspot
As I mentioned earlier, Lenovo A6000 supports 4G speeds. So even if you are outside, you can get the broadband speed on your smartphone. It is worth to use Lenovo A6000 as WiFi hotspot to connect to internet from your laptop or PC. Do remember that, using WiFi hotspot will incur charges as per your data plan also it will drain your device battery faster. Let us have a look into how to use Lenovo A6000 as WiFi hotspot.
- Enable the mobile data.
- Now go to settings->More…
- Tap on to Tethering & hotspot.
- Now enable the WLAN hotspot moving the slider to right.
- It will enable your Lenovo A6000 as WiFi hotspot.
How to customise Lenovo A6000 WiFi hotspot Settings.
If you want to customise the settings such as SSID, password and security type, follow the step given below. Even if you wanto see the Lenovo A6000 hotspot password or just want to change or reset Wi-Fi hotspot password of Lenovo A6000 and A6000 Plus, follow the step given below.
- Tap on to WLAN hotspot
- Now go to Set up WLAN hotspot.
- You enter or edit the SSID, password and security type in this page.
- Once you are done, tap Save.
How to use Lenovo A6000 as modem through USB tethering
- Follow the same steps mentioned above till the step 3.
- Now connect your device to PC or laptop using the USB cable.
- Now enable the USB tethering.
- Now mobile data will be shared to your PC.
Video Guide on How to use Lenovo A6000 as WiFi Hotspot