Xiaomi Mi A2 is one of the most popular smartphones from Xiaomi which is part of Android One programme. It runs on Pure Android with minor customization. Xiaomi’s own skin MIUI provides a single button screenshot option which is not available on this smartphone. So how to take screenshot on Xiaomi Mi A2? What are the different ways to capture screenshot on this device without installing any third party apps? Let us explore 2 different methods.
How to take screenshot on Xiaomi Mi A2
Like any Android smartphone which runs on the latest Android version, two default ways of taking the screenshot is available on Mi A2 as well.
Method 1: Take screenshot on Xiaomi Mi A2 using hardware keys
To take screenshot on Mi A2,
- Go to the screen on which you want to take screenshot.
- Press and hold Volume down and power button at a time for few seconds.
- Screen flickering and shutter sound will confirm screenshot is captured.
- User can access captured screenshots from Photos->Album->screenshot.
Method 2: Take screenshot on Xiaomi Mi A2 using Google Assistant
To carry out Xiaomi Mi A2 screenshot using this method,
- Navigate to the page where you want the screenshot.
- Start Google Assistant by saying “OK Google” or Long pressing home button.
- You can say or type “Take screenshot”.
- The screenshot on Mi A2 will be taken.
- Taken screenshot can be shared through messengers such as Whatsapp or directly upload into Photos.
This does not completely answer the question on how to take screenshot on Xiaomi Mi A2. But this is also the answer. Alternatively one can download apps from Playstore which will provide much more ways to take the screenshot.
Video Guide on How to take screenshot on Mi A2
Taking the screenshot on Mi A1 and Mi A2 are identical. Hence here is the video guide on how to take screenshot on Mi A1 which also works on Mi A2.