Asus recently announced a collection of ZenBook Series: ZenBook Pro 15 (UX580), ZenBook S (UX391), and ZenBook 13 (UX331). Along with innovative features and powerful internals, these laptops come in a stylish compact design. In this post, we will have a quick look into Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX580 top 5 features according to us.
Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX580 – Top 5 Features
1. All new ScreenPad instead of the regular touchpad
Apart from the improvement in accuracy and software-based gesture support, there was no major innovative change in the touchpads from its inception. Introduction of ScreenPad on Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX580 is a big leap forward in that aspect.
Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX580 sports 5.5 inch full HD Super IPS+ display which also works as the touchpad. Some of the salient features of ScreenPad are
- ScreenPad Launcher: This provides faster ways to launch your favorite apps. Simply tap an app icon to launch the app. You can also add and personalize it by adding or removing apps from the Launcher by tapping on the edit button next to the X in the upper right-hand corner.
- ScreenPad Online Video Player & Music Player: It has built-in full Google Chrome-YouTube support with a Chrome extension, for video playback including ad skipping, full-screen mode, and volume and timeline adjustment. The music player on the ScreenPad allows you to instantly change tracks, browse tracks and playlists, and adjust the volume. Enjoy the music without affecting your on-screen task.
- ScreenPad Office: Instant fingertip control for common functions when managing Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents. Using ScreenPad for edit functions means, a bigger workspace on the main screen.
- ASUS Sync: Pair your phone wirelessly with your laptop using ASUS Sync to access all its functions via ScreenPad.
- Screen Extender mode: The ScreenPad can also be used as an extended screen. It is seen as a dual-display in Microsoft Windows settings. You can use it to keep an eye on your social media account, email, or anything else!.
These are some of the things you can do with the ScreenPad. More and more functions can be accessed by installing new apps.
2. Powerful Performance
Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX580 features up to a super-fast 8th generation Intel CoreTM i9-8950HK hexacore processor, powerful GTX 1050 Ti graphics, 16GB of high-speed 2400MHz memory, and up to a 1 TB PCIe-based SSD with up to 3.2GB/s read speeds. The ZenBook Pro 15 is the first ZenBook to feature 802.11ac Intel Gigabit Wi-Fi. It provides the fastest wireless network speeds when paired to compatible routers that are becoming increasingly common.
3. 4K UHD Display.
ZenBook Pro 15 has a 15.6-inch, 4K UHD touch display which has a wide 178° viewing angle and 1200:1 contrast ratio for deep blacks.
The touchscreen also supports the ASUS Pen stylus (sold separately) for precision input. It is claimed to have the color reproduction that covers 100% of the Adobe RGB gamut with a Delta E color difference of <2, and it has been PANTONE validated for its high color accuracy.
4. 8-cell battery design for long battery life
ZenBook Pro 15 comes with Li-Ion 8CELL 71WH which is claims to provide good battery life.
5. Connectivity Ports.
ZenBook Pro 15 comes with the host of connectivity options. To name few ultra-fast Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 Gen 2 and Gen 2 data transfer formats, USB Type-C and Type-A ports and full-sized HDMI port.