When it comes to less than 10k Android smartphones, Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime was one of the best option. But with the launch of Lenovo K6 Power, there is a tough competitor to it. Both share lot of similarities and few differences. So which one to choose between the two. Here is our thought on Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime Vs Lenovo K6 Power comparison based on the specification.
Comparison between Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime Vs Lenovo K6 Power
Design and Build Quality
- Redmi 3s Prime: It measures 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm and weighs 144 grams.
- Lenovo K6 Power: It measures 141.9 x 70.3 x 9.3 mm and weighs 145 grams.
Both devices comes with all metal unibody design with good build quality. However, Lenovo K6 power is slightly bigger and thicker. But this difference is negligible and not noticeable unless kept side by side.
- Redmi 3s Prime: 5 inch IPS 720p HD display screen with 294 ppi pixel density.
- Lenovo K6 Power: 5 inch IPS 1080p full HD display screen with 441 ppi pixel density.
Lenovo K6 power display looks sharper and offers slightly better viewing angles. Redmi 3s prime display panel is good but when compared side by side, K6 Power has the edge. Unfortunately both the devices, does not feature Corning Gorilla glass protection.
SoC, RAM and OS
- Redmi 3s Prime: 1.4GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 430 Soc with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
- Lenovo K6 Power: 1.4GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 430 Soc with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
Going by the specification, both devices has the same SoC and internal storage. Both runs on custom UI based on Android 6.0.1 which offers lot of customisation which are almost identical. However, we observed Lenovo K6 Power Android security patch update date is 1-June-2016 and Redmi 3s Prime security patch update date is 1-Sep-2016.
- Redmi 3s Prime: 13MP primary camera with f/2.0 and 5MP secondary camera with f/2.2.
- Lenovo K6 Power:13MP primary camera with f/2.0 and 8MP secondary camera.
Once again, going by the specifications, Lenovo K6 Power has the edge when it comes to front facing camera.
- Redmi 3s Prime: 4100 mAh battery.
- Lenovo K6 Power: 4000 mAh battery.
Redmi 3s prime looks superior in this segment. Slightly larger capacity and 720p screen should be able to provide longer battery life than the Lenovo K6 Note.
Price and Availability
- Redmi 3s Prime: Rs.8,999 available through flash sale.
- Lenovo K6 Power: Rs. 9,999 available through open sale.
Redmi 3s Prime is more affordable smartphone. Though Lenovo claims K6 Power sells through open sale, purchasing the device is similar to flash sale except no need of pre registration. We felt it is easier to purchase Redmi 3s Prime rather than Lenovo K6 prime at least after trying to buy one in first sale.
Advantages of Redmi 3s Prime over Lenovo K6 Power
- Availability of IR blaster which is useful in using the device as universal remote.
- Larger battery capacity.
- Comparatively faster Android security patch updates.
Advantages of Lenovo K6 Power over Redmi 3s prime
- Full HD display screen.
- Better front facing camera.
- Reverse charging.
This Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime Vs Lenovo K6 Power comparison is based more on the specification and initial impression. We will update real life performance comparison between Lenovo K6 power and Redmi 3s Prime in the coming days.