Rupee got symbol last year. The font for rupee symbol is added in Microsoft update. However the manuals do not mention about what are the keys to use to get rupee symbol. After searching a lot on internet and manual experiment i got below solution. That is I am able to use rupee symbol ₹ using the key which contains rupee symbol or the keyboards without rupee symbol can use the key with $ symbol. This works for most of the keyboards. Below steps will demonstrate on how to use Rupee symbol (₹). If you want to insert Rupee symbol in Excel, please refer my post on Type Rupee Symbol in Excel 2010.
Steps to write Rupee symbol using keyboard:
- Download the Microsoft driver update which enable the Windows to detect rupee symbol. You can download Microsoft update which supports rupee symbol from here.
- Download the appropriate version of the update based on your version of Windows. Once download completes, install the update.
- In Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region, and then click Change keyboards or other input methods.
- On the Region and Language screen, click Change keyboard on the Keyboards and Languages tab.
- On the Text Services and Input Languages screen, click Add.
- On the Add Input Language screen select English (India), and then select the India keyboard check box.
- Restart the system.
- Now your keyboard will be able to write rupee symbol.
- For writing rupee symbol now on wards use Ctrl+Alt+₹(4 or $ on regular key). The Keyboards without rupee symbol, can use Ctrl+Alt+$
Write Rupee symbol in Dell Laptops
The method given above works with most of the laptop keyboards and normal keyboards. Recently, I was working on Dell Vostro laptop and above shortcut didn’t worked. In this situation, as mentioned above, you need to change the keyboard layout to India and then use right Alt+$(4). This made me to write rupee symbol on Dell Vostro laptop. Please share you have problems using Rupee symbol in any other keyboards.
- This works with most of the keyboards irrespective whether rupee symbol is present on the key or not. The key with $ will be used to write rupee symbol.
- Once the rupee support update is installed, we can use rupee currency in excel sheets to as currency format.
- The using above method to type Rupee symbol using Keyboard key worked well with Logitech Keyboard and Dell Laptop keyboard.
- Same combination of keys will type rupee symbol in MS Word, Excel or any Microsoft Office documents.
Incoming Search words:
Type Rupee Symbol in Keyboard
How to Type Rupee symbol in Keyboard
Type Indian Rupee Symbol on keyboard
Type Rupee Symbol in Dell Keyboard
Type Rupee Symbol in HP Keyboard