Micromax Canvas Spark is a budget dual sim smartphone running on Android Lollipop. There are very few smartphone in this price segment which runs on latest Android. Micromax Canvas Spark price in India is Rs.4,999 and available exclusively on Snapdeal.
Micromax Canvas sports 4.7 inch IPS screen with a screen resolution of 540×960 pixels which similar to Moto E resolution. The viewing angles are decent but the sun light legibility is just average. The screen is not sharp enough. The youtube videos look dull and screen is prone to fingerprints.
Micromax Canvas Spark is powered by 1.3GHz quad core MediaTek MT6582 processor with 1GB of RAM and integrated Mali 400 GPU. Internal storage capacity is 8GB. Unfortunately Micromax has bundled lot of bloatware which are not usable to most of the users and consumes more than 4GB. So the available storage for the users are just less than 4GB. The 1080p files faces frame drop while while playing. The speakers are loud enough but sound breaks at high volume.
The Micromax Canvas Spark houses 8MP auto focus primary camera with LED flash. There is also a 2MP front facing secondary camera for selfies and video calling. The camera performance is not spectacular. The primary camera performance is not consistent. The outdoor performance is decent but a lot of areas, especially those which weren’t in focus, were clearly underexposed and colours were slightly oversaturated. Coming to 2MP front facing camera, the performance is not satisfactory.
Micromax Canvas Spark has 2000 mAh battery which lasted 7 hours and 16 minutes in the video loop test. However, on a daily use, the battery life drops drastically whenever we performed intensive tasks.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Micromax Canvas Spark
Pros of Micromax Canvas Spark
- Very affordable price
- Android Lollipop Out of the box
- Decent Battery life
- Decent design for the price
Cons of Micromax Canvas Spark
- Average Display screen: The screen is not sharp. While watching videos pixelation is visible. Viewing angles are also not great.
- Lot of Bloatware: Micromax provides stock android experience when comes to UI. But it loaded lot bloatware which cannot be uninstalled by the user unless it is rooted. Most of these bundled apps are useless.
- Performance Issues: The cpu and ram are same as the Android One smartphone. But performance wise there is no match. But hiccups every now and then. Opening and closing the apps were giving troubles. There is also a gradual slowing down of things as we opened more apps. Graphic intense games are not not playable comfortably. You can play casual games like candy crush can be played but ensure you are not opened many apps.
- Disappointing front facing camera: The quality of images taken or video is not satisfactory.
Micromax Canvas Spark Specification
- 4.7-inch qHD screen (960×540 pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- MediaTek MT6582 1.3-Ghz Quad-core processor with 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage and support for microSD card
- 8 MP rear primary camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2MP front camera
- 2000 mAh battery
- Android Lollipop
- Dual sim with Dual Standby.