Mi Air Purifier 2 is a stylish compact air purifier which is priced at Rs.9,999. I have been using this air purifier at my home from December 2016. Based on my last one year’s experience, here is the Mi Air Purifier 2 review.
Mi Airpurfier 2 comes with triple layer 360-degree cylindrical filter. This triple-layer design claims to removes particles larger than 0.3 microns with a high-density EPA filter, while an activated carbon filter removes formaldehyde, bad odor, and other harmful substances.
Mi Air Purifier 2 Review- Pros and Cons
Mi Air purifier 2 Pros
Here are the few things which I liked with this air purifier.
- Design: It is one of the best-looking air purifiers in the sub 10k price range.
- Quiet operation: In night mode, it is almost silent. Xiaomi claims it produces a noise level as low as 30db in night mode. Though I have not tested actual decibel, it is quieter than the other air purifiers I have tested so far. It is hardly audible.
- Sync with a smartphone: This Xiaomi air purifier can be paired with the smartphone through WiFi. Using the Mi Home app, you can monitor pollution level in real time or control the air purifier.
- Easy filter replacement: As it has a single cylindrical filter, it is very easy to change the filters.
Mi Air purifier 2 Cons
Over the close to one year experience with this air purifier, I felt few things could have been better. Here is the list of Mi Air Purifier cons.
- Cost of filter: According Xiaomi, the filter should be replaced every 4 to 6 months depending on the usage. MRP of the filter is around Rs.3,000. That means for 1 year 2 filter replacements required which cost around Rs.6,000 per year. In my usage wherein I have used the purifier almost 20 plus hours a day, I was required to replace it every 3 months. Otherwise, some bad odor starts to come in from the purifier.
- Automatic shifting to auto mode after 3 hours: Irrespective of the mode you have selected and pollution level, this purifier automatically shifts to auto mode after 3 hours. So, even if the air pollution is high, you cannot run at high speed more than 3 hours continuously. Need to change the mode manually every 3 hours if required.
- Filter availability: It is becoming a common problem for buying Xiaomi devices. Sometimes, filters are not available to buy. It says Out of stock.
- No real-time air pollution monitor: Exact air quality can be monitored through the Mi Home App. However, if you don’t have the WiFi there is no way to see the air quality level. There is a LED indicator. But it will give only rough idea.
Mi Air purifier 2 review summary: Priced at Rs.9,999, this air purifier offers a lot. Stylish compact design with max 310m/h Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) is the biggest USP. However, it lacks in few areas.
Mi Air Purifier 2 Review
Design and Build Quality
Filter Life and replacement Cost
Value for money